Friday, March 15, 2019

My Accident Story



Dirt Bike Championship


February 2019


Miranda


I

am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.


Have you ever been on a dirt bike? Or seen how fast they go? If you have then you know they go extremely fast! If you don’t know what a dirt bike is, then it is a motorised bike that is powered to go fast. Some of the most major accidents have been on a dirt bikes. Dirt bikes can be rather dangerous. And this is the story of what happened to me when things did go wrong.

So there I was riding like a monster, speeding past 40 year olds on my little 80cc. I was at New Zealand Motocross tournament (also known as Pukekohe Fun Family Track).

I saw the finish flag 10 meters in front of me. I was going 100 mph. Then I saw one LAST jump, but I was going too fast. I tried to slow down but the brakes weren’t working. I flew over the jump, 100 meters up in the air! I was in so much shock. I let go, I was superman, well at least until I was falling. I fell faster than the dirt bike.

BAM, I fell straight down on my left shoulder. I got knocked out for a couple of seconds. When I woke up I saw the dirtbike coming straight down and I saw where it was going to land and it was not pretty. I tried to move both my legs but only one moved then.. smash. The bike landed on my leg. It hurt a lot, I was crying so much. A nice 12 year-old boy got off his bike and pushed my bike off my leg. He waited until my dad caught up to me.

I had to carry on till the end of the race. Afterwards we looked at my leg and my shoulder and it was swollen so much. When I finally arrived home I put an ice pack on my leg and my shoulder. That is my accident, it might not be the worse accident in the world but it sure was an adventure. What was your accident?

No comments:

Post a Comment